Pages

Why I Love to Read Shoujo Manga

Just to give you a brief intro, Shoujo Mangas are Mangas which target readers are females, most likely those at 10 to 18 yrs of age. So these mangas actually showcase friendship and love or more of the young girls' feelings and challenges. Characters in shoujo mangas are usually highschool girls.


So, why do I love reading Shoujo Manga?

1. Because of its ART! Characters here are drawn so pretty and leading men too are darn good looking! This is the most important factor when im looking for new mangas to read. I make sure that it has quality art that I love so much. That will keep you on flipping those chapters!



2. It's simple and easy to read. When I was younger, I used to read Shounen (Mangas for boys!) but may be I got busy and I lost my drive to read them. but in reading Shoujo, I find it very easy since plots in these kind of mangas are into drama, love, school life and friendship which I find not dragging at all.



3. Its MOMENTS and quotable quotes. I tell you, read a chapter or two of these, you'd surely remember some of its scenes! They have this simple yet sweet moments in them. Even though some say that Shoujos nowadays are having the same old plots and scenes, I still find them sweet and touching. I must tell you, Guys in shoujos are super romantic! You may find it very fictitious, but in reality, if he is the right one and you are to him, then it is not impossible to be in those moments of kilig.



4. Its life lessons. They're might be just mangas to you but somehow they're like guide books in being a girl, in how our feelings really works, how we can't always control them. In mangas (or may be in Japan per se), girls are usually the ones who confess their feelings to the guys they like. I find that very cool and hard at the same time (esp in the culture I grew up with). So in Shoujos you'll find yourself reflecting on how the lead characters think and act.
There are so many reasons why I love to read these mangas but I just cant explain, really. 

My all time favorite shoujo is Kare Kano. Addition to that are Bokura Ga Ita, Lovely Complex, Strobe Edge, Koizora, Marmalade Boy, Daa Daa Daa and... I'd love to name all my favorite but that would take me forever to decide. I'm currently reading Ao Haru Ride, Horimiya, Kimi Ni Todoke, Hirunaka No Ryuusei, Suki Tte Ii Na Yo, L-Dk, Mairunovich and a lot more.

No comments:

Post a Comment